Monday, January 9, 2012

Through my eyes...("main street")

Happily, Kate and I just upgraded our Internet plans here for our computers, so I have decided to try and post more video of where I work, play and live.

This first video was impromptu and probably not done with much thought - there is a lot of wind-noise and I probably jostled the camera too much as I was riding, but I'll try to do better next time.  Hopefully it doesn't give you vertigo while you watch it, but it should give you a "feel" for riding your bike around Takeo Town in Cambodia.  The video is shot basically from the central market down the main street of the town and to our house.


3 comments:

  1. Ahhh seeing all these people on motorcycles with no helmets makes me SO NERVOUS. What's the rate of road accidents?
    Loved this video (cows and burning trash! woo!); make more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lack of helmets makes me nervous as well, Peace Corps has a rule that we cannot ride motos and must always wear our helmets while bike-riding. Sadly, you are all too right...one of the 6th grade students that goes to my school was just killed down the road from us this morning from a traumatic head injury sustained while riding a moto. They happen all too frequently.

      Delete
    2. Oh no! Is it just that people are unaware helmets can save their lives, or are they hard to come by? I'm glad you guys aren't allowed to ride motos (even though they are so very fun and I love motorcycles). My sister's life was definitely saved because of a helmet when she got hit by a car (while on a bicycle, but still). Sorry to hear about your student. :(

      Delete